Happy 2014 Readers!
I have positive feelings that 2014 is going to be amazing. It will bring new changes, new challenges, and new beginnings. I’m so excited!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before? I drove a go kart.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't generally make New Year's resolutions, and 2013 was no exception. However, for 2014, I do have a few goals I’m working towards.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Nope.
5. What countries did you visit? Countries? Ha. I watched a documentary on Paris back in early April. It kind of felt like I was there. Does that count?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Motivation. I was lazy. I did the bare minimum to get by. No more of that.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory? Oh-boy, hmmm.... Well, I guess the day Jeffy and I walked away from each other. And then I suppose the day that SS and I got together. Two life changing days.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Moving forward. The middle part of 2013 was tough for me. Much more went on behind the scenes with my personal life than I let on here, so moving forward is definitely my biggest achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure? Allowing another person to dictate how I conducted every day business. I allowed it, and shouldn’t have. Fail.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had the flu and a cold a few times, but nothing too serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Tickets to the Fontana NASCAR race for Squid and I.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? RJ’s. Every day is an improvement.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Sometimes, Boss#2. She just doesn’t get it.
14. Where did most of your money go? Child support. Rent.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Hmm…probably several things I can’t remember. Damn it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013? “Cruise”, by Florida Georgia Line.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Sight seeing
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Laying around watching tv.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With a family I’m so happy has accepted me.
21. Who did you meet for the first time? This amazing family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013? Yes.
23. How many one-night stands? I’m not sure I need to look back on those and count them. There were some, I’m not going to lie. But there are none now.
24. What was your favorite TV program? NCIS or Big Bang Theory.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope. Hate's a strong word. I've only ever hated a couple people during a very dark period in my life. Which fortunately is far enough in the past now that it's barely a blip on my consciousness.
26. What was the best book you read? I don’t read books, but I did read each issue of NASCAR Illustrated in 2013. *wink
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Brandy Clark