Tuesday, October 16, 2012

From Sick to Fun.

Hi Readers. Long time no talk. I hope you're still out there.

Last Thursday was a rough day. I woke up with a very sore throat and a cough I couldn't seem to shake. Meds, meds, and more meds. Nothing seemed to be helping except the soothingness of a few Honey Cough Drops. I sucked on them all day, and vowed I was going to stay home on Friday and get better.

Unfortunately, my desire to keep things running smoothly in my office outweighed my need to get better. I went into the office against my better judgement. I struggled through the day with a pounding headache that got worse with every coughing fit. :-(

All I wanted to do was go to sleep. I wanted to lay down and not have to stand up. Jeffy told me to come stay the weekend with him and he would take care of me. Aww.

I got to his house after work and collapsed on the bed. We went and had a fabulous dinner, I came back and took some NyQuil, and was knocked out by 11:30p. Best part? I slept until 2:00p Saturday afternoon. I woke up feeling MUCH better. My cough lingered a little, but with the aid of the Honey drops, I had no sore throat. Score!!

We ran a few errands, I watched Jeffy and his friends shoot at clay pigeons, and called it a day. My plan to feel better over the weekend was working. Yay!

Bad day to be a pigeon.

Around 9:00pm, I started to get hungry. We decided I was feeling good enough to go out to dinner, so we hopped into the car and drove straight towards one of my favorite places. We didn't make it there.

Mid drive, Jeffy's phone rang. "Want to go see the Space Shuttle??" said a voice real loud.

Without a second of hesitation, Jeffy knew this would be something I'd love. So we drove, towards downtown LA.

With a father that worked in the space industry for 30+ years, I can't help but feel a little bit connected. I remember my dad spending weeks at a time in Florida helping to build the Space Shuttle Discovery. This one wasn't Discovery, but it brought back some emotions I didn't expect to have.

The crowds were amazing. Who would have thought, that in the middle of one of the worst spots in LA (at 3:00am), there would be people of all ages, races, and religions, joined together to smile. As I stood up on a tall wall to get a better view, I looked around at all the happy people taking pictures and chatting. I stared with tears in my eyes.

She's one of the most beautiful pieces of machinery.

Space Shuttle Endeavour's final resting place will be the California Science Center, where it will be displayed in FULL LAUNCH POSITION in a few years. I'm grateful I was able to see this amazing piece of history. Up close and personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment