Every single day, I wake up with a smile on my face. A smile that fills my bedroom with happiness, and reminds me that things don’t suck.
- I have a roof over my head that I’m responsible for keeping.
- I have a wrecked car, but am thankful nobody was hurt.
- I have food in my fridge and cabinets to fill my hungry tummy.
- I have health insurance that allows me to go to the doctor for misc. girl problems.
- I have a job that keeps me busy and out of trouble.
- I have a son that loves me unconditionally and thinks I’m the best Mom ever.
- I have blankets on my couch and bed to help keep me warm when I’m cold.
- I have a boyfriend who thinks I’m the coolest girlfriend in the world.
But despite all those awesome things, I still lay awake night after night, hour after hour, without any reasoning. My thoughts swirl around like a tornado reeking havoc on a small city, and I can’t control it. Thoughts that shouldn’t be in my head, yet are. Thoughts that don’t necessarily have anything to do with anything specific, but still keep me awake.