In Rhode Island
- Cap guns are illegal.
- It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
- In Newport, it’s illegal to smoke a pipe after sunset.
- Professional sports, except ice polo and hockey, must obtain a license to play games on Sunday.
- No one may bite off another’s leg.
- Riding a horse over any public highway for the purpose of racing, or testing the speed of the horse, is illegal.
- Any marriage where either of the parties is an idiot or lunatic is null and void.
- One must make a loud noise before passing a car on the left.